The success in personal computer industry has a lot to do with a company called Microsoft, which is founded by Bill Gates. After 30 years, Microsoft is on the top of computer world.
Of Course, Microsoft created not only the operating system. Bing is also a part of it. Microsoft refers to Bing as a “decision engine.” With billions of websites on the Internet, you can imagine the power that Bing would possibly create. Bing’s focus is on four targets: Shopping, Travel, Local and Health. Its underlying goal is to simplify search.
1. Autosuggest: it features the recommended words based on the previous letters you type. It will list automatically what’s the popular search input
2. Best Match: It is an algorithm created by Microsoft pushes the suggested search input for the user based on personal search history and interest.
3. Deep Links: Let user preview pages before they click.
4. Instant Answer: It would allow Bing quickly display the most relevant answer based on query. It means that if you ask some basic knowledge on Bing, it would display answers itself besides the search results.
5. Bing Travel: It automatically searches for low fare flight and hotels at the destination. Based on study, it returns more than 75 percent accuracy rate for searches and users saved on an average of $55 on each flight.
Specialized search strategies
1. Sometimes pictures could carry statistical information. So when search for some data, you can search for images.
2. You can use the suggested searches results to redefine your image search.
1.When look for a person, you can type in a phone number, email address or screen name (alpha).
2. The Bing mobile App features voice input, so whenever you want to search for a restaurant nearby, you can ask Bing App to figure it out for you.
How to use
Using Bing is just like using google since both are quite similar product.
1. Perform a Bing search for any subject matter that interests you. The result page will initially look very much like any other search engine. Besides the usual top bar with tabs listing a specific media types, there will be three vertical panes: ads on the middle pane, the normal search results would be on the left pane, and the social results would be on the right hand pane.
2. The feature that sounds the most interesting is the plethora of categorized results when researching for restaurants, flight tickets and hotels. Bing combines all the prices and descriptions besides reviews on the search topic.
3. How to use Bing innovatively and effectively is totally dependent on the user, just like google.
Comparison with Google Web search
Strengths and weaknesses; pluses and minuses; obvious differences in process or results. Whatever you think is appropriate in order to provide the most informative comparison possible. A table with a comparison of features may be helpful.
Comparison with Google.com
|Provides more relevant information||Social integrations are stronger|
|Instant search is better||Results are more attractive|
|Connected Products provide more background information|
How to get the most out of it
While google and bing are similar products, google beats bing for lots of reasons. And that is why while google takes about 80 percent of the searching engine industry while bing only takes 8 percent. However, since one of bing’s focus is on travel, if you are looking for travel information or flight and hotel fees, bing is the best thing to go for. Moreover, since bing is a Microsoft product, if you are searching for some information about the company or it’s products, bing is always the best tool to go.
1. Since bing.com incorporates a lot of information about traveling, if you want to search for some cheap hotels and flights, bing is the way to go.
2. Bing’s results are more attractive with all different media types, so if you are searching for some basic knowledge about what a thing is, you can use bing to give you a general sense with pictures, words and videos.
3. When search for Microsoft’s product, bing is the way to go. For example, if you search for xbox games, bing would come up with games directly.
Since Bing is in the process developing to be a better product, there is not much expectation on what it can do compared with google.
1.Bing vs.Google: Which Search Engine is the Best
2. Search effectively – http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/ff524480.aspx
3.Bing – Use advanced search – http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/ff808451.aspx